The Recovery Ring
Our RED Winch “Recovery Rings” offer a strong, lightweight and safe alternative to the traditional snatch block.
The RR-50 is the next generation of our popular Snatch Ring and is ideal when heavier loads are in play. Independently tested the “Recovery Ring” boasts an impressive 50T Minimum breaking Strain with the rope running in a sheave that is set in bearings. The new “Recovery Ring” design isolates the soft shackle from any moving parts and the stop blocks prevent rotation of the main housing. With the soft shackle now isolated from any moving parts heat build up is prevented in the soft shackle and frictional losses are no more than a traditional design snatch bock with the added safety advantage that closed loop rigging provides.
The RR-50 was designed for users who require a cost effective high MBS snatch block suitable for use with synthetic winch line. During our research it was found that the snatch blocks on the market with equivalent MBS figures had a rope sheave deigned for much larger diameter rope making them unsuitable for recovery work with synthetic winch line. The RR-50 is the answer to this problem and has since been adopted for use by the UK military and is now in service.
The RR-50 is designed with a deep rope channel to prevent the rope falling free when the line is slack and with the best possible bend radiuses for both the static and dynamic lines.
Dynamic bend radius ratio:
- 12mm rope (1/2”) Rope Dia. = 11 to 1
- 14mm rope (35/64”) Rope Dia. 9.4 to 1
- 16mm rope (5/8”) Rope Dia. 8.25 to 1
- 18mm rope (11/16″) Rope Dia.
Static bend radius ratio:
- 14mm (35/64”) Rope Dia. Soft Shackle 3.6 to 1
- 16mm (5/8”) Rope Dia. Soft Shackle 3.2 to 1
- 18mm (11/16″) Rope Dia. Soft Shackle 2.8 to 1
- Lightweight – 4KG
- Soft shackle isolated from moving parts.
- All rigging is now in the closed loop format.
- Large MBS (Minimum Breaking Strain) for the unit size – 50T – 112,400lbs
- Solid bearings for durability
- Lighter and smaller than traditional snatch blocks with equivalent rating.
- The Recovery Ring design means that all force loading on the material is in the compression plane as opposed to the sheer plane of the traditional snatch block.
- Traditional snatch blocks with equivalent rating have a rope sheave suited to much larger wire rope diameters making them unsuitable for recovery work with synthetic winch line.
Sizes / Strength
Our “Recovery Rings” have gone through extensive independent testing.
- Outer Diameter: 182mm,
- Inner Diameter: 42mm
- Rope Running Diameter: Max 18mm
- Soft Shackle Rope Diameter: 14-20mm
- Weight 4KG
This “Recovery Ring” is published and rated / certified to the figures above.
This product is not to be used with steel D-Shackles or Bow Shackles. Only Soft Shackles should be used